Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where do I start?

It has been so so long since I last updated. I guess I have been a little busy lately. Mom has been in and out of the hospital the last few months. I will just start with the most recent news.
A week ago Sunday, we were bringing Mom home from the hospital to my parents house into Hospice care. We came home, got her settled and were awaiting the Hospice nurse to come out for an evaluation. Mom was doing fine, sitting up and enjoying her favorite food- a popcicle. :0) During the evaluation, we were showing the nurse some of the things we do to care for mom and things began to spiral downhill very quickly. It is a long, nightmare of a story that I will spare you all from hearing. We ended up calling 911 and followed her to the hospital. It was a long night we were certain she wasn't going to make it through. Ten days later, we are still at the hospital, waiting for her to go Home to be with Jesus. She is unresponsive, but peaceful. Please pray for us all as my sister and my dad and I are staying here with her. We are taking turns leaving to go home to clean up. Pray for her during this time. Pray that Jesus will take her home soon. She is ready to be out of pain and resting in His arms. She is a strong woman, fighting hard to the very end. God is so good, and we know He is in control.
Thanks for all of your prayers during this very difficult time.
Katie

No comments: